NPRR1100 allows a resource and a co-located load to use an emergency switching solution (of DSP/TDSP system) to form a microgrid when both the resource and the load are disconnected from the grid by a transmission outage. NPRR1100 was filed by Tesla to allow them to use a utility scale battery near their Gigafactory to safely power it down during an outage.
- 10/6/21 Tesla files NPRR.
- 11/3/21 Tesla files comments that:
- Changes the resource in question from just batteries to any resource
- Clarifies that this micro-gridding should only happen during transmission outages, not during ERCOT directed load shed
- 4/5/22 ERCOT files comments that treat all load consumed during the microgrid intervals as retail load (i.e. non Wholesale Storage Load).