Today’s Wholesale Market Working Group meeting was short and efficient. The group quickly discussed the new Reliability Unit Commitment report, NPRR1100 (Tesla Microgridding), NPRR1108(ERCOT to approve or deny all resource outages), NPRR1100(Black Start Reform), and that Nitika Mago is now the contact person for discussions about battery testing for NonSpin.
- Reliability Unit Commitments- ERCOT (Zhengguo Chu) gave a presentation on RUCs for January and the first half of February (this will be a regular monthly report going forward).
- February 1-15 had more RUC hours than January 1-31 (due to cold weather event).
- ERCOT will present RUC process to WMWG in the future.
- Extra NonSpin Procurement procedure- ERCOT (Nitika Mago) talked about how ERCOT determines if it needs extra NonSpin.
- If ERCOT determines that there is a lot of variability in the net load forecast it might get up to 1000 MWs of extra NonSpin OR
- If ERCOT sees tight conditions due to cold weather, it also might get up to 1000 MWs of extra NonSpin (this is what happened in the earlier February event).
- The only place you can see the extra NonSpin procurement is the DAM Ancillary Service Plan.
- NPRR1100(Tesla microgridding) – Tesla will meet soon with ERCOT to iron out details and then publish new comments; hopefully they will report back with an agreed upon document by the next WMWG.
- NPRR1108(ERCOT to approve or deny all outages)- ERCOT (Fred Huang) talked through the relatively minor changes in ERCOT’s latest set of comments.
- Report on all available outage MWs (60 month look ahead) twice daily.
- Single phase automatic implementation.
- The most recent numbers for max MWs out for next 60 months to be posted by ERCOT soon to the January WMWG meeting page
- NPRR1110(Black Start Reform) – ERCOT (Freddy Garcia) talked through ERCOT’s latest thoughts on this NPRR.
- The Black Start Agreement is now ERCOT Critical Electrical Infrastructure Information.
- ERCOT is still undecided on whether the procurement period should be two, three, or four years.
- NonSpin Testing for Batteries- Nitika Mago is the ERCOT point person for any ideas people have on how to better handle batteries providing NonSpin.