In a special Protocol Revision Subcommittee meeting called specifically to meet the Public Utility Commission’s request to pass a version of NPRR1108(ERCOT to approve or deny all generator outage requests) the stakeholders voted to … table NPRR1108 for another month. We will see ho that plays out downtown. NPRR1124(pay full startup and min energy costs for RUC’d resources) passed with some concern from OPUC, NPRR1112(Reduce unsecured credit limit cap to $30M) passed with the same tepid approval it has gotten lately, and the other NPRR(1125-ERCOT can use general collateral to cure securitization breaches) passed easily.
- NPRR1108(ERCOT will approve or deny all outages)- After WMS voted earlier in the day to keep this tabled, PRS also voted to keep this tabled. The general stakeholder community is very curious how this decision will play at the commission.
- NPRR1112(Reduce unsecured credit limit from $50M to $30M)- Not many in the stakeholder group supported this vocally (with the notable exception of Bill Barnes – NRG/Reliant), but it did pass.
- NPRR1124(Allow resources to collect full RUC guarantee for Startup/Min Energy) -Eric Goff (OPUC) pushed back, but the general idea that some generators were not being made whole to their actual costs during RUCs horrified most participants, so that this passed. Luminant said that they had lost multi-millions of dollars due to the capping of fuel costs in the RUC process and as a result they were keeping some resources on EMR status to stop them from being RUC’d. Luminant also says that hile this fixes the issue for start up and minimum energy costs, issues still remain, so they were keeping their resources subject to very high gas costs in EMR until everything is fixed.
- NPRR1125(Allow general collateral to be used to cure securitization collateral breaches) -Passed with no discussion
- NPRR1108(ERCOT will approve or deny all outages)
- NPRR1112(Reduce unsecured credit limit from $50M to $30M)
- NPRR1124(Allow resources to collect full RUC guarantee for Startup/Min Energy)
- NPRR1125(Allow general collateral to be used to cure securitization collateral breaches)